Born: 09. February 1972
Family Satus: Married/ 2 Kids
I have been involved in endurance sport for over 35 years. As a youth I competed at a state and national level in swimming and cross-country skiing. At the age of twenty I joined a local cycling team and participated in races for a decade.
1987 I competed my first Olympic Distance Triathlon. I finished my first Long Distance Triathlon (Challenge Roth) in 2006. Just after crossing the finish line, I got addicted to the lifestyle of Long Distance Triahlon. From 2007 to 2010 I lived in Chicago, USA. There I discovered my passion for Triathlon Coaching. Since 2015 I am based in Bremen, Germany.
Triathlon is not only a sport for me, it is my lifestyle.
For the past 9 years I grew my triathlon coaching knowledge with all resources VISION QUEST COACHING and IRONMAN University offers. It was and still is a great journey for me. I love to share my expertise and experience with other athletes to see how they reach their full potential. In my eyes "One size fits all plans" do not work because everyone is different. I do coach with passion, joy and enthusiasm.
I call my coaching style Athlete-Centered Coaching. That means my decisions and actions are always executed with my athletes in mind. I take the time to build an open and personalized relationship with my athletes, discovering how they learn best as well as handle success and failure.
- Bringing non triathletes into the sport of triathlon and change their lifestyle into a healthy and more enjoyable life.
- Guiding agegroup athletes to their personal best including qualification for the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship.
VISION QUEST COACHING is equipped with great triathlon coaches who possess a huge knowledge base. Being able to learn from one of the best and enthusiastic coaches I know (ROBBIE VENTURA) motivates me everyday to keep up on the cutting edge of triathlon training & coaching.
- Multiple IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 FINISHER
- Two-time participant at the IRONMAN WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, Kona
- Finishing IRONMAN Frankfurt under 10 hrs with averaging 7 hours of training per week
- Mississippi 50 Mile Run Finisher